Join Barefoot Wines and the Surfrider Foundation for some community good before relaxing at Tiki’s! Don’t miss the upcoming International Surfing Day cleanup and party on Sunday, June 17, at Diamond Head from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Check in will be a 9:45am at Pu’u Leahi, Diamond Head. Cleanup will start at 10:00am until 11:45am, when we will return to the staging area. The cleanup will be followed by an after-party for the volunteers at Tiki’s sponsored by Barefoot Wines. Stay or return later for Chef Ronnie’s Father's Day Special Mixed Grill - 8oz. Spice Rubbed Bone in N.Y Steak, Half Rack of Tikis Guava BBQ Ribs, a Half pound of Snow Crab Legs, Soy Glazed Kahuku Corn and Truffled Mashed Potatoes. Make your reservations today by calling the restaurant at 808-923-8454 or online at tikisgrill.com. For more details, check out our event page on Facebook!
Mahalo to the KITV morning show for supporting “Plate Up Niu Valley” a major fundraising event for Niu the Valley Middle School, organized by parents
Where Hawaii’s top chefs donate their time and expertise to mentor 48 interested students, and bring awareness and knowledge in the food industry. Hosted at the Hyatt, FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012 6:00pmChef Ronnie has already had the students from his team over to Tiki's to learn about the dish he is featuring.
More info at http://www.friendsofniuvalley.com/
Tiki’s Grill & Bar in Waikiki joined wide receiver Davone Bess of the Miami Dolphins in hosting a Pro-Bowl Kick off party. Live music by "Canoes for Rent", a heavy pupu buffet, silent and live auction items, all to benefit The Bess Route Foundation. Past University of Hawaii Warrior Football teammates Ryan Grice-Mullen, Chad Owens, Colt Brennan and other NFL players were on hand to help host the party and sign autographs.
More Photos from Honolulu Pulse
More Photos from Devon's Facebook page
Small list of items for the silent and live auction:
1) Shane Victorino Auto Authentic Phillies Home Jersey Size 48 Donated by Shane Victorino Foundation*
2) Kealoha Pilares Auto 16x20 UH Photograph Framed
3) Kealoha Pilares Auto 16x20 Carolina Panthers Rookie Year Photograph Framed
4) Framed Manny Pacquiao 20x30 Unsigned Official MP Boxing Photograph
5) 2009 Dolphins vs Carolina Panthers Game Used Ball Presented To Davone Bess for his outstanding play; Signed and inscribed by Davone Bess*
6) Game Used Davone Bess Cleats from 2009 Season*
7) Signed 20x30 Davone Bess UH Photograph Framed
8) Signed 20x30 Davone Bess UH Field View Photograph Framed
9) Framed Manti Te'o 16x20 Photograph Unsigned
10) Signed 16x20 Davone Bess Dolphins Photograph Framed
11) Signed Colt Brennan Sugar Bowl 20x30 Photograph Framed
12) Legendary Surfer Laird Hamilton Signed Historic Teahupoo 8x10 Framed Photo
13) Rare Game Used University of Hawaii Game Used 2004 Alternate Green Jersey
14) Playboy Golf Accessory Package
15) Vintage 1980's University of Hawaii Road Game Used Jersey
16) 2005 Infamous Silver Numbered University of Hawaii Game Used Lafaele Jersey
17) 2004 Game Used Home Black University of Hawaii Brad Kalilimoku Freshman Jersey
18) Vince Carter Signed North Carolina Tar Heels Authentic Jersey
19) Michael Jordan 20x30 LeRoy Neiman Framed Image
Jason Rivers Game Used 2006 Hawaii Bowl Jersey
Jason Rivers Game Used Silver Sugar Bowl Helmet
Jason Rivers Game Alternate Game Issued Green Nike Jersey
Greg Salas White Signed Rams Jersey
3 pairs Davone Signed game used Gloves from Rookie year (will be separate auctions)
1 pair Davone Signed game used UH gloves 2007 season
All signed helmets:
49er Multi Signed 4 Players
Homemade Pancetta & Warm Kula Onion Salad - Sweet Island grown Kula onions & Hawaii’s best vine ripened Hau’ula tomatoes on a bed of fresh baby Nalo Tatsoi. Smothered in our own house made pancetta bacon & sherry vinaigrette with bleu cheese shower. Soft Shell Crab Po’ Boy -Furikake crusted and crisped soft-shell crab, spicy chili mayonnaise, Kula lettuce, Hau’ula tomato on an Island made taro bun with house made kim chee. CHOICE OF ONE ENTREE:
CHOICE OF ONE APPETIZER:
Prime Rib Poke - A special poke for meat lovers – flash seared prime rib cubes topped with our housemade pipikaula aioli on a bed of locally grown baby greens from Nalo Farms.
Cajun Seared Ahi Tuna - Ahi tuna steak dusted with cajun spices and seared medium rare served over our famous kalua pig mashed potatoes. Topped off with soy wasabi white wine butter sauce and roasted asparagus. Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts - Chicken breasts coated with parmesan cheese and fried to a crispy tenderness and drizzled with rosemary sundried tomato chardonnay sauce. Served with broccoli linguine aglio olio. Local Style Japanese Curry Spiced Beef Short Ribs - Slow cooked tender boneless beef short ribs on buttery wasabi potato puree, soy braised island farm root vegetables including taro, dasheen, lotus root, Molokai potatoes, curry beef reduction sauce. CHOICE OF ONE DESSERT:
Peanut Butter & Jelly Taro Bread Pudding Monte Cristo
Island Sorbet with Fresh Kula Strawberries
Okinawan Sweet Potato Macadamia Nut Tart
$30 per person (tax and tip not included)
Restaurant Week Hawaii is a seven day celebration of the cuisine scene in Hawaii. Participating restaurants will feature special menu items, promotions and discounts.
Restaurant Week is a reminder that Hawaii is a culinary destination with top chefs, farm to table dining, wonderful wine and a lot more to discover and explore.
The goal of Restaurant Week Hawai`i is to realize a vision of an advanced culinary campus—the Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Diamond Head. Graduates of Hawai`i's first four-year culinary program will go on to serve Hawai`i's restaurant and hospitality industry and ultimately the greater community.
A portion of the proceeds from Restaurant Week Hawaii will support the Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Diamond Head.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/ All content © Copyright 2000 - 2011 WorldNow and KHNL/KGMB, a Raycom Media station. All Rights Reserved.